10 September 2011

Texas Blocks

I have relocated recently and these blocks are in honor of that move.  My new little group of quilters here are making a group quilt of applique blocks that represent Texas and the southwest on this given background fabric.  I am so happy to have more quilters in my life, so participating was high on my priority list. 
 
   This first block is of a prickly pear cactus, which actually grow in Georgia too!  A batik helps to texture the cactus and the zigzag stitch helps to show the thorns.  A few French knot flowers and some ground back stitch help to make it complete.

The state flower of Texas is the Blue Bonnet, although the real leaves I believe are different.   These two block were made with Lady E. this past Thursday and it was wonderful!   After not being able to sew together for some time this was such a treat.  So many laughs, ideas, and the most tasty tea of all time, but more than anything a caring friend that inspires me to sew my best.  Thank you, Lady E. 

Made 8th of September 2011.

1 comment: