28 January 2012

Shelia's Sampler

I learned how to hand quilt from the most wonderful teacher.  She presented the history of quilting with examples, taught technique with guided practice, and allowed trials of all sorts of quilting tools available.  The class was wonderful.  As expected, the classmates were all joys to be with too.

When the class was over, the teacher had a sampler wonderfully prepared for each of us to continue our practice with.  She had drawn this entire pattern and had the sandwich prepared.  I took it home and started right away.  Then I worked on The Spider-Man Baby Quilt with my newly found hand quilting skill.  After a bit of a time lapse, I am thrilled to have this piece finished. It demonstrates my humble beginnings and progress to smaller stitches.

Made Feb 2010-Jan 2012!

1 comment: