24 February 2012

Bunny Recieving Blankets



This little bunny keeps appearing in my work.  Here he is on a little blanket for my neighbors!  My next door neighbors are expecting a little girl at the end of this month.

   My excitement for them spilled into my sewing room...  This first blanket with the bunny and the white on white polka-dots has yellow flannel on the other side.




This second blanket has bunnies on the flannel with a lovely yellow cotton.  For the rounded edges, I use one of those clear plastic CD's that comes on the stack of blanks as a template.  My friend, Sheila, pointed out they were perfect.  Then I stitch them together right sides together, turn and then stitch them around.  Basic sewing, but lots of good wishes for the new life that will be wrapped in the warmth.


No comments:

Post a Comment